While I agree with you Mark about these alternative selling channels, I am
still curious why in some countries paid apps are not available in the
Market?
I live in Luxembourg and because of the small size of our country I am used
to get things later than other countries. I was however a bit shocked that
Canada has the same problem...

What is the issue here?

Does google not want to make business everywhere?
Is it the fault of the carriers?

When I asked the helpline of my provider LUXGSM why paid apps are not
available I was told that the google license was expensive and that's why no
decision had been made yet.

Best regards,
yglodt