The new home screen, as seen on the Nexus One, is excruciatingly slow
on the emulator due to the software OpenGL renderer, so we packaged
the older home application, as seen on other "stock" android.

The LiveWallpaper chooser is part of the emulator system image. It is
accessible through the "old" home application, which of course does
support Livewallpapers.

As for the live wallpapers themselves, they also use the OpenGL and
are very slow so we did not include them either. However in the
samples folder you can find CubeLiveWallpaper that will show you how
to create them.

Xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!