Mark Murphy wrote:
Yousef Alhashemi wrote:
Is it possible to add extra fonts to the emulator?

Only by creating your own firmware.

Actually, I did some experiments that seem to indicate that with a bit
of care you can upload a font that makes Arabic work in the emulator until the next reboot, provided that you name it correctly and (probably) put it in a specific place before it is ever needed. It appears to be wiped during the next bootup, so it is not a long term solution but all I needed was a proof of concept that my application WOULD work IF there were preinstalled Arabic fonts, so it served my purpose.

Basically, in my case, the question was: If the user is able to select
an Arabic locale, could we provide a working translation? I suspect that
the answer to this is "yes" - if it is possible to select the Arabic
locale it seems exceedingly likely that whoever (pre-)installed that locale also installed suitable fonts. Hence we can assume that any Arabic translation supplied in an application would display correctly. It also seems reasonable to assume that an IME for entering Arabic would be available on such a device.

                Makes sense? / Jonas