I have a ListView in a ListActivity that starts another Activity when
a list item is clicked.  The 2nd Activity is a Theme.Dialog, but I
don't think that matters for this purpose.

I would like the visible focus restored to the ListView when I close
the 2nd Activity.  Currently,when I come back, I have to hit the
trackball once to give focus to the ListView and then hit it again to
move around in the list.

I tried the obvious getListView().requestFocus() from onResume().  I
also tried saving the current focused view using getListView
().findFocus() before starting the 2nd Activity, but neither of these
methods work.

I am using API Level 7 in the Emulator.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,