I've heard Archos killed some functionality regarding debugging/
development with the Archos 5 Internet Tablet.  If you go to Settings,
Applications, do you see a checkbox  at the top of the list for
"Unknown sources"?  You probably have to uncheck that to get your apk
to run.   Also, does that same Application settings list have a
Development option at the bottom of the list?