> thanks for quick response.
>
> This is the url of the image what I am talking about
> http://developer.android.com/resources/articles/images/list_fade_2.png
>
> If you see the background of the image it is light green at top and
> becomes dark green at bottom.
> This effect i want to implement in my list view also.

Ah, sorry -- that is a subtle color change, and I missed it.

You will need to create a GradientDrawable, perhaps via drawable XML, such
as:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-advandroid/blob/master/Drawable/Gradient/res/drawable/active_row.xml

You can then apply that drawable resource as the background of the window
or ListView or whatever. As the article you linked to suggests, you will
also wish to change or turn off the cache color hint.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com