Hi,

No need set up your Manifest to get this functionality.

You just use function onActivityResult() to code for your functionality.

Example:

Activity1 call Activity2 then Activity1 will resume after Activity2 finish.

Activity1 will call Activity2 by function: startActivityForResult(intent,
requestCode);

In Activity2, we need implement function onActivityResult() what you want.
(Example: setResult(0);
                    this.finish();)

Hope you success!