I'm not sure if my explanation is clear?  It seems that during the
life cycle of an activity the getIntent().getDataString() will return
the same intent data it originally got when the activity gets
terminated and restarted.

This issue is easily reproduced when the activity goes to the
background and android terminates it and than comes back to the
foreground...

Any clues how to remove the intent data completely so that I don't get
repeated requests when this scenario is seen?

-Moto