Robert,

yes, there is really nothing more!

I have already tested with a Thread.sleep(18). This does not change the
behaviour.
Actually it makes other things worse. Events don't get handled in time:
If you don't touch the screen for a while it's get dimmed. If I put in the
Thread.sleep(...) and touch a (dimmed) screen it can take up to 3 and more
seconds until it gets bright again. Without the sleep() it is reacting
instantly.

So I have abonomed Thread.sleep(...) and event.recycle(). I think we have to
live with this behaviour.

But it would be good if another one can confirm this. Especially if it is a
problem with the Nexus One or Android 2.1.

Can someone post its Java "Framerate meassurement code" and post it? Mine is
in a "Game-Framework" (which I can not share) written in C++.

With this I can prepare a simple testcase. But as I told the test is really
simple: Take the code from:
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/04/introducing-glsurfaceview.htmland
add the log output of the frame rate.

Regards,