Hi Federico,

I tried during weeks to get a working code for the opengles. The idea
was to draw an offscreen bitmap into the screen (i do all the graphics
rendering by myself). Then someone told me that using textures for
this was not a good idea, because it takes time to make the texture
get into the video card and then displayed.

Since my knowledge of opengl is near 0, i gave up and used the
SurfaceView approach. I also published the code here:

This goes at surfaceChanged:

      sScreenBuff = ShortBuffer.allocate(w * h);
      sScreenBitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(w, h,
Bitmap.Config.RGB_565);

And this is my updateScreen method:

   static void updateScreen()
   {
      try
      {
         if (sScreenBitmap == null)
            return;
         Canvas canvas = surfHolder.lockCanvas();
         if (canvas == null)
            return;
         instance.nativeOnDraw(sPixels); // call Native C code
         sScreenBuff.put(sPixels);
         sScreenBuff.rewind();
         sScreenBitmap.copyPixelsFromBuffer(sScreenBuff);
         canvas.drawBitmap(sScreenBitmap, 0, 0, null);
         surfHolder.unlockCanvasAndPost(canvas);
      }
      catch (Throwable t)
      {
         debug(Log.getStackTraceString(t));
      }
   }

Have you done something different to achieve the 60fps?

Btw, i can test your code in two devices, the G2 Ion and the Motorola
Milestone (A853).

thanks and regards,

   guich