Hi again,

So I finally figured out that the problem is due to my mobile network
operator doing image compression to save bandwidth. I discussed the
problem further at the following URL, in case it could be of help to
anybody:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2183808/android-bitmapfactory-decodebytearray-gives-pixelated-bitmap/2185694#2185694

I don't suppose there is anything I can do to get around this, but if
anybody has an idea, it would be much welcome (-:

Best,
Michael.