Hello Everyone,

    I have a question regarding 9 patch images. Is it possible to download 9
patch png files from a webserver then display it as a background of a layout
while keeping the information inside the file like the stretchable pixel? I
have tried using a 9 patch image coming from the resource drawable directory of
my project and it displays correctly...stretching only those pixels marked as
stretchable but when I tried to download a 9 patch image from my web server
then the application will use the downloaded 9 patch image the stretchable
pixels does not take effect..i mean instead of stretching only those pixels
that where marked as stretchable it stretched the whole image...

the code im using is this one:

URL url = new URL( imgurl );
URLConnection con = url.openConnection();
con.connect();
this.mStream = con.getInputStream();
Drawable image = BitmapDrawable.createFromStream(this.mStream, imgfn);
this.mStream.close();
this.mImageLayout.setBackgroundDrawable( image );

Hoping for some help.

Thanks,

Brian