> I was wondering whether anybody, who has experience using the
> XmlPullParser class or others on the Android platform, has anything to say
> about its efficiency, well-known problems if any, suggestions for a better
> alternative, links for sample code etc.

I saw one study (sorry, don't have the link handy) that indicated that on
Android SAX and XPP were roughly equivalent in terms of performance. XPP
really shines with the "binary XML" that resources get turned into as part
of the APK packaging process. DOM, as you indicated, is much slower,
though it has its uses.

There is a link to some sample code on the main xmlpull.org site:

http://xmlpull.org/v1/download/unpacked/doc/quick_intro.html

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com