guich wrote:
> Very strange that Android don't support shareware applications. Note
> that, then, is fairly easy that the user installs a 30-day trial
> application, remove it and install again.

You're looking at the glass being half empty.

Users who feel like attacking their Windows PCs with sledgehammers,
because applications leave crap behind in files, registries, and such,
would look at the glass being half full. Android, presently, is aimed at
the glass-half-full crowd.

Now, I would think a reasonable middle ground would be for the OS to
have a "license manager" or something, where applications could leave
licensing information behind, keyed by package, with strict limits on
storage size (e.g., 256 bytes). That's come up in conversation before,
though I'm not sure if there is an outstanding feature request for it on
http://b.android.com.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.9 Available!