Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from !DEA

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Hoffman <keshis...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:22:48
To: Android Developers<android-developers@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Launching the correct activity on resume

Thanks for your help Vo Trung Liem, I think I may not have been clear
enough about what I'm trying to do. I don't have any trouble getting
back to Activity1 (my launcher) from Activity2 (results). What I want
is this:

Launch app into Activity1 from the home screen.
Go into Activity2 from Activity1 after choosing options.
Be able to hit the 'Home' key and use other apps while my app does
work.
Launch app into Activity2 from the home screen.

What I currently have is an app that will only ever launch into
Activity1 from the home screen no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to
care whether Activity2 was on top of the stack when I hit home, which
tells me I probably don't understand the Android Lifecycle as well as
I should. I should probably also mention that I am using
android:launchMode="singleTask" as I am under the impression that this
makes sure I only ever have one instance of my application floating
around.

Thanks again for reading and for any help you may be able to offer!