Hello Android Dev's

Short FYI: I am new to the Android development, I have the SDK (2.1)
and I am running Eclipse.  I tried writing the Hello Android basic
application.  I coped the same code the tutorial has but when I try
running the application to see the final result, I am unable to get
the Virtual Android to perform the same result as the tutorial.

I have created the default AVD that the tutorial explains at the
beginning of the tutorial; the problem is the AVD is for Android 1.5,
and since I am working with 2.1; Eclipse does not appear to work.  I
went through the AVD Manager and created a 2.1 virtual device with
default settings.

The problem is, when I run, I get the emulator, however it just shows
the default A N D R O I D screen.  It does not show Hello Android like
the tutorial explains.

Does anyone know what I am missing in order for my basic application
to show up?