The whole purpose of a service is to stay in the background doing something,
so not sure why you would want to display a UI in a non-UI based app. As
Dianne said, post a notification that shows up on the status bar... when the
user slides it down and clicks on it, that can launch an activity... which
can then bind to the service to pass it info if need be. I'd still argue
that would not be a good idea either. Can you elaborate on why you need some
user interaction with your service.. is it something that can't be, perhaps
set in a user preferences within an activity that the user launches the
first time (or later to change settings)?