I have developed a small android application and then installed the
app using ADB and uploaded the same app with a higher version number
(not the string value, but the integer field) to Android market
place.

I get no notification saying there is an update available for my app.
Under Market -> My Downloads tab in Market, the app does not show as
installed. When browsing the Market, the app shows as installed but
does not say "update available". When I browse to the application and
touch install, however, I do receive an "overwrite previous version"
warning.

Steps i followed:
I compiled the APK as unsigned and then created the Private key and
singed the app.
Then installed the app on my device using ADB.
Changed the VersionCode on Manifest file with higher version and then
re-compiled the code.
Singed the new version of APK and then published the same on Android
Market.

I waited for more than 12 hours but never get the notification on
checking Market->My Downloads.

It would be great if some one has tried the similar things, then plz
do guide me.

Thanks
-SK