Tatyana Ulyanova wrote:
> I have got a problem and hope you could help me:)
>
> I have application in landscape orientation, I set it as
> <android:screenOrientation="landscape"> in AndroidManifest.xml. But
> when my app starts another activity - default internet browser - it
> starts in portrait orientation.
>
> Any ideas?

Ask the user to turn their phone.

What you are asking for is the right to dictate to other applications
how they are displayed. I imagine you would not like that if other
developers did that to you -- overriding your landscape request, for
example.

If you want to force landscape Web browsing, you can embed WebView in
your app and implement it that way. And, you are welcome to force as
many of your own activities to be landscape that you want.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.9 Available!