I just read you other post and it covers pretty much the same subject
matter:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/26f577bca4cee64d#

I will try to step through to determine what EGL config is choosen.

I find is strange in my case because I have one user who comments that
"...all I see are floating words that say 'Low Ding' & then the screen
goes black."  Since the words Low Ding are displayed using the same
code as all other image-backed sprites, it seems the EGL config was
chosen correctly and perhaps another error is occurring, maybe
when ...... oh yeah, maybe it is the sounds...  I say sounds because
the Low Ding is displayed just before starting loading sounds.  Well,
now that just night be it.  Although, I would also expect the Yakoin
logo to be displayed along with "Low Ding" because the logo is loaded
and added to the scene just before Low Ding.