My code tries to play an MP3 file from res/raw.

FileDescriptor fd =
appContext.getResources().openRawResourceFd(R.raw.ringtone)
                                        .getFileDescriptor();
player = new MediaPlayer();
                        try
                        {

player.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_RING);
                                player.setDataSource(fd);
                                player.prepare();
                        }
                        catch (IllegalArgumentException e)
                        {
                                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                                e.printStackTrace();
                                player = null;
                                return;
                        }
                        catch (IllegalStateException e)
                        {
                                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                                e.printStackTrace();
                                player = null;
                                return;
                        }
                        catch (IOException e)
                        {
                                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                                e.printStackTrace();
                                player = null;
                                return;
                        }

                        player.setLooping(true);
                        player.start();

The log shows:

02-21 15:18:18.360: ERROR/PlayerDriver(51): Command
PLAYER_SET_DATA_SOURCE completed with an error or info
PVMFErrNotSupported
02-21 15:18:18.380: ERROR/MediaPlayer(693): error (1, -4)
02-21 15:18:18.390: WARN/PlayerDriver(51):
PVMFInfoErrorHandlingComplete

After player.prepare() is called.

I really don't have a hint.
I won't use MediaPlayer.create() because I need
player.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_RING);

Would appreciate any help on this...