I found a way that works perfectly!

1. Use a regular ToggleButton
2. Set your desired drawable on the toggle button using either
drawable_top or drawable_bottom.  Don't use left or right as the image
won't be centered.
3. Now, you have both the text and an image.  I just wanted the image
so I needed a way to remove the text.  I tried many different
techniques like setting the font size to 0 or the text on and off to
empty string, but there was always something wrong.  The option that
works is to set the lines=0 causing the text to take up 0 lines
(making it disappear) leaving just the nicely centered image!