Hello Sean,

Thank for your reply. My aswers to your questions are below.

On 22 feb, 01:37, Sean Hodges <seanhodge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I dont think I fully understand your question... Are you looking for
> something in the public API that will render a user's Android device
> useless for a period of time?

Yes. It's to be used in a company setting.

> Just how far do you expect this "bricking" to go? Will they still be
> able to use their phone for other purposes, e.g. making emergency
> calls?

It should be completely blocked, even when the phone reboots.
Emergency calls are not relevant in the user setting, so those should
be blocked too. Furthermore, only a superuser should know some kind of
unlock mechanism to unbrick/unlock the phone again. Rebooting the
phone should not diable the blocking / bricking.

> If you're looking for your app to be invasive to the user, you're
> unlikely to find it in the public API. Perhaps take a look at how the
> various lock screen apps work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look.

Kind regards,

a2ronus