In your case you are extending view

however if you use built in views or even your view which holds just the
image.

then u can setanimation and startanimation

   TranslateAnimation animation = new TranslateAnimation(
                            Animation.RELATIVE_TO_PARENT, 0.0f,
Animation.RELATIVE_TO_PARENT, 0.0f,
                            Animation.RELATIVE_TO_PARENT, -0.3f,
Animation.RELATIVE_TO_PARENT, -0.15f
                        );

                    animation.setDuration(2000);
                    animation.setFillAfter(true);
                   // animation.setZAdjustment(Animation.ZORDER_BOTTOM);
                    //i2.setAnimation(animation);
                    i2.startAnimation(animation);

here i2 is an imageview

Google it u will find lots of animation examples.

Hope this helps