Hello,

I'm writing an android app to that among other things lets a user
choose a color using a color wheel that is drawn using a SweepGradient
shader.  The shader is set up as follows:

        mColors = new int[] { Color.RED, Color.MAGENTA, Color.BLUE,
Color.CYAN, Color.GREEN,  Color.YELLOW, Color.RED };
        Shader s = new SweepGradient(0, 0, mColors, null);

I assign that shader to a Paint object which I then use inside of a
onDraw callback in a custom view to an oval using the paint/shader
object.  Here's the problem...

If I use that view inside of a Dialog and display the Dialog the oval
displays great, all colors in the gradient seamlessly blend together.
However, if I use that same view on its own the same SweepGradient
looks banded especially between green->red, magenta->blue, blue-
>cyan.  This almost looks like some kind of dithering issue, but
changing dither makes no difference.  I'm at a loss as to what to try,
I'm hoping someone has some clues on this.

Oh and BTW, this same behavior happens in the emulator or running on
my Motorola Droid.

Thanks