Hi fellow Android developers,

How many times have you asked users to send you the logcat result to
track down a nasty force-close?  How many users have actually replied?

It's not that users are lazy or busy.  Having to run the "logcat"
command or download an external log collector app just means too much
trouble for them.  It should be much simpler.  It should be just one
tap.

In fact I'm surprised (or being ignorant) that an easier error
reporting mechanism has not existed yet in the Android API, especially
for the infamous force-close.  That is why I coded and open-sourced
"Android, send me logs!", a small code library that makes it easy to
detect force-close and send logs from within your own apps.  You can
program it to report errors with just one tap, and also include your
own tracing information.

Please check it out at http://code.google.com/p/android-send-me-logs/.
It's still in very early stage, and I would appreciate your critism,
suggestions, comments, or even code contributions.

Linton Ye