To launch a new activity you should be using code something like this:

Intent intent = new Intent(getApplicationContext(),
ClassNameHere.class);
startActivity(intent);

Then you also need to add your Activity to the AndroidManifest.xml
file, if your using eclipse you can open the AndroidManifest file and
go to:

Application (Tab) > *scroll to bottom* > Add > Select Activity > Then
copy the fields from the existing Activity

This will create the xml for you, which will look a little something
like:

<activity android:name=".ClassName" android:label="@string/app_name"></
activity>

Hope that helps,