We put Purchase Checking in at AndAppStore for exactly this kind of
reason (http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/
purchase_checking.jsp).

Google, and particularly the Market team, seem to be very slow at
taking things on board an delivering what developers want, so I'd
suggest using the market feedback forum instead of this group because
I'm not sure if any of the Market team actually subscribe to this
group, and thus may never see your comments.

Al.