Hi.

I was investigating the issue of setting up a delayed activity/event,
that will occur and trigger even if the phone is in sleep mode (wake
up, do what you need to do, go back to sleep).

I was thinking of the following methods:
1. sendMessageDelayed
2. Timer
3. AlarmManager

The basic requirement is to be able to set a triger in the future, and
be sure that this trigger wakes up the system if it is sleeping,
perform the task, and go back to sleep.A partial wakup is required (no
screen flickering).

Currently i'm using the sendMessageDelayed, and i keep a wake lock
held for the timeout period (bad practice).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chen Ganir