Hi navin,

>From what I know, for functional testing your entire activity, one
would use ActivityInstrumentationTestCase2; for testing some part of
your activity in isolation you would use an InstrumentationTestCase;
for unit testing, if you use JUnit 4.x version, you just need to
annotate your class methods appropriately (don't need to extend/
implement anything).

I have some examples (and some additional details) of all this if it
helps:
http://dtmilano.blogspot.com/2009/07/android-testing-on-android-platform_7528.html
http://mihaifonoage.blogspot.com/2010/01/unit-and-functional-testing-in-android.html

Mihai Fonoage