Hi all,

I am struggling to find a good way of achieving a very simple
objective, namely to maintain a thread that lives from the first
activity of my app is started until the last activity is stopped.

I can create a thread whenever I like, but even if I mark the thread
as "daemon", it continues to run after all my activities have stopped.
The reference to the thread is held by an Application subclass. Would
be great if I could rely on the Application.onTerminate() method, but
unfortunately this doesn't necessarily get invoked when the app
terminates.

Surely there must be a simple solution?

Best,
Michael.