I downloaded the Camera.git source and used Eclipse to build a project
from this existing source.  Building the project results in 100
errors.  It appears that there are some components that are not in the
SDK.  Has anyone build the camera app from the android source?
I am building against SDK 1.6, API level 4 and using the corresponding
Camera.git version.

The first few errors are:
android.R.styleable cannot be resolved (GridViewSpecial.java)
com.android.internal.R cannot be resolved (MenuHelper.java)
DrmStore cannot be resolved (DrmImageList.java)
ExifInterface cannot be resolved (Image.java)