If you're one of the chosen few can I suggest you show your
appreciation by helping out other developers who are having problems
specifically with 2.x devices and haven't been so fortunate.

It's only a suggestion, but my view is that that Google have just
saved the chosen ones $500+, so even if you think you're time is worth
$100 an hour it might be worth putting in 5 hours of "community
service" as a way of showing Google that these kind of actions are
much appreciated and that the benefit of them is felt beyond the
chosen ones.

Al.