Yes, the reason this happened is because you are not in one of the
listed countries. You could have to have 5000+ downloads (not
including reinstall's or version updates) and have a rating of 3.5 on
the app.

On top of that if you attempt to "screw" google out of a phone by
using someone's address that isn't yours, they may get hip to it and
never do this again. why hurt the community?

There are many of us here including me who are getting a phone and
would be happy to test your apps on ours. So please stop trying to
plot and scheme just to get a phone you are planning to USE and not
fully develop on. These are phones meant to have apps tested on them.
not used as your personal cellphone.