Streets is right, and gives good practical advice, as usual.  I do the
same, if it's important, it has a getter and a setter.  The getter
checks for null, if it's null it gets from local storage, be it a
preference, a file, an sqlite db, or it makes a new network call.
Then it gets set to local storage.

I do this with the response from most network calls, but definitely
the first important one.  Also with any user preference set in
settings, etc.