I posted in another thread, but I'll try here as well:

I'm having a similar lifecycle issue on the Nexus One.

Start the app ->OnCreate
Hit back -> no OnDestroy is called
Run app again ->OnCreate, followed by OnDestroy

The wierd thing is that it doesn't actually kill our application, so
it is left in a broken state since we are tearing things down in
OnDestroy.

-Alex