I have a widget that should launch the AlarmClock when its clicked.
After searching for a result it seems to me that every phone can have
its own AlarmClock-application, and that what I am trying to do isnt
really possible?

I have been using this for HTC Hero:
i.setClassName("com.htc.android.worldclock",
"com.htc.android.worldclock.WorldClockTabControl");
resolved = packageManager.resolveActivity(i,
PackageManager.MATCH_DEFAULT_ONLY);

And this if not HTC Hero:
i.setClassName("com.android.alarmclock",
"com.android.alarmclock.AlarmClock");
resolved = packageManager.resolveActivity(i,
PackageManager.MATCH_DEFAULT_ONLY);

This way I can check if the AlarmClock application is there. But now
it seems that the Nexus One has yet another application. Does anyone
know the component name and class for the Nexus AlarmClock?

I can see that this will be a growing list of checks, so is there a
better way?

Thomas