Yes. The reason I do copy them (and recommend copying them) to a lib/
directory is twofold:

1) It makes them an explicit part of your project for versioning. If
you use Subversion you can make these be a copy from a directory of
third-party components. You could copy the third-party directory for
tagging as well as your project, but this makes the dependency more
apparent.

2) It's compatible with how the ant build scripts are set up out-of-
the-box, so it makes it easier to transition to an ant-based
production build.

But as you note, Eclipse doesn't really care.