One thing to watch out for with MediaPlayer is that the format matters
a lot. I've seen the G1 go from 60 FPS to 50 FPS just because I added
MP4 music, then act fine once I converted it to highly compressed,
mono OGG or substituted it with MIDI. I suppose other apps playing
music in the background could similarly really hurt frame rate.

There are a lot of other threads re leaving a finger down. Lots of
things have been discussed for that like blocking the UI thread until
the input is handled by the game thread or adding a short sleep on the
UI thread, upping the priorities on your game/render threads, and
catching the event early on dispatch instead of on touch.