Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did:

        webView.setWebChromeClient(new WebClient(this));
                WebSettings webSettings = webView.getSettings();
                webSettings.setSavePassword(false);
                webSettings.setSaveFormData(false);
                webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
                webSettings.setSupportZoom(false);
                webSettings.setDatabaseEnabled(true);
                webSettings.setJavaScriptCanOpenWindowsAutomatically(true);
                webSettings
                                .setDatabasePath("/data/data/
my.android.workbench.webviewoverridedemo/app_database");
                webSettings.setAllowFileAccess(true);

                // workaround so that the default browser doesn't take over
                webView.setWebViewClient(new MyWebViewClient())

Even that, the webview browser still cannot render the web page, which
can be rendered well on the native browser of Android emulator.

Thanks,

Nelson