I used Ruby on Rails for the server side.   Its not too bad to deal with and
you get to learn a new language.
http://www.robertsosinski.com/2008/02/23/simple-and-restful-authentication-for-ruby-on-rails/
 is
where I started for the server side.    There are plenty of examples on
using JSON on the interwebs.

 I highly recommend JSON if you are wanting to do restful.  That is unless
you are an XML expert.

I'm working on my second app right now using REST as a backend.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Ingmar <ingmar.heinr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some hints about how to design an Android app that uses
> Protobufs and RESTful consumption from a remote provider. Note that
> I'm a fairly unexperienced Java coder, so I need some beginner's
> hints :-) Maybe there's some kind of tutorial that deals with exactly
> that subject? Or even a framework?
>
> Additionally: What could be the appropriate group to ask "server-side
> questions", i. e. those about how to design the RESTful provider with
> GoogleApp's Java IDE.
>
> Thanks so much,
>  Ingmar

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Make Call Girl Manager great!
Join the forums.
http://www.fuligin.com/forums