On 03/18/2010 12:30 PM, Matias Alberto de la Vega wrote:
As Mike said, you will be able to use GPS even if you have no mobile
signal or wifi connectivity, since GPS has it's own satellites, you
can get coordenates as long as you have GPS friendly environment, some
tips: you MUST be able to see the sky, no tall buildings around is
better, and the bigger piece of sky you can see, the better GPS will
work, but I think you may not have problems with that if you are going
to be in the mountains. Take care.

My experience with my Phresheez app is that it works really
well up in the mountains. There are certainly GPS-unfriendly
parts I'm sure, but for the most part it's pretty flawless (well,
as flawless as GPS can be).

Mike