On Mar 17, 11:59 pm, Hoyle <hoyle.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've am writing an app that has a major component in C++.  In order to
> aid debugging I tend to write a lot of data to the logs from C++ (and
> a minimal amount from Java).  The logs are written out using NDK
> logging facilities and also written to files on the device.  It seems
> that, at least under high logging load, when I run "adb logcat" from
> the command line that it skips log messages randomly.

The kernel log buffer is 64KB.  If you manage to write into it faster
than logcat can read out of it, you will lose data.

I think this gets worse if you're running "adb logcat" from the host
side, since logcat has to wait for the tty write to finish before it
can read more data from the kernel.  'adb shell "logcat > /sdcard/
log.txt"' should drop less.  The best solution is to write a log
directly to disk (which it sounds like you're already doing).