Kumaravel Kandasami wrote:
> I am designing an app that would  listen to alarms being
> set/cancelled on the phone (
> android.app.AlarmManager) based on that event occurance, would do some
> specific set of operations.
>
> At this point, I am not sure how to listen to the AlarmManager
> operations being invoked(specifically set*() & cancel() operations),

You do not listen for those operations.

> do my app need to listen for any "PendingIntent"
> (android.app.PendingIntent).

You define the PendingIntent, and you need to arrange to respond to the
Intent that is raised. Usually, you will create a broadcast
PendingIntent and so need to watch for your Intent to be broadcast.

Here is a sample project demonstrating the technique, from a receiver
registered to get control at boot time:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-advandroid/tree/master/SystemServices/Alarm/

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)