On 04/01/2010 12:40 PM, Maps.Huge.Info (Maps API Guru) wrote:
The method I use, which seems fairly effective, is to start two
listeners, one for coarse and one for fine and let them both try and
get a position. The first one to get it, "wins." One of my apps
continues to report location updates to move a location pin on a map,
as far as I can tell, it is just as fast as the Google map.

The other thing that google maps might be doing is saving the
last location it saw as at least a guess. That may be better than
nothing depending on your app.

Mike