Hi there,

i thought i post here as some might find it useful. I "ported"
libvorbis (the fixed point version) and libmpg123 (using ARM assembler
for speed) to Android. This allows you to get a hold of the PCM
samples of MP3 and Ogg files which is not possible with the Android
framework at the moment (unless you use non-official native classes).

They are included in my game dev lib libgdx which you can find at
http://code.google.com/p/libgdx/. If you don't want to depend on that
simply checkout the source from SVN and place the jni folder in your
own project. Make sure to copy over all flags from the Android.mk
file. You will of course want to remove anything that is libgdx
specific which are the .cpp files in the jni folder.

I hope that helps some of you out there.

Ciao,
Mario