Thanks for all the responses.  I was just getting the phone to email
me gps data about were my phone has been.  It might be easier to have
it go to a web server and just log in to look at it.  I figured as
much about the spam possibilities I suppose it was mostly,  "I wonder
if I can...", knowing that I will burn up a few hours trying it see it
work.

thanks again,
Robert