Hello,
I experimented with frame animations to use them in a game. It seems
that it's obviously the easiest way to load all Bitmaps in an array of
Bitmaps and to draw every thread tick the next frame to the canvas.

Before I tried out making animations with AnimationDrawable. First of
all it is to draw to the background of an (Image)View. Then the
background is to read into an AnimationDrawable which is usable. But
what can I do with that because as I tried to use animation classes
like AnimationDrawable I was not even able to draw the animation to a
specific position because it's a view with one background which sticks
anywhere on the screen and it is to draw with animation.draw(canvas)
instead of canvas.drawBitmap(Bitmap, 20, 20, null) (You don't even
have Bitmaps in your animation. That's the next difficulty). I'm not
even able to change the "speed" or the duration of the animation,
because I have to define the duration in the XML file once. It's very
unwiedly to make a simple animation with this approach. Maybe I don't
know how to use this in a meaningful way.
Hence I'd like to know what this approach with AnimationDrawable is
good for? Do I understand that right that this is not intended as
usage in games? Up to now I see no benefit in using these Animation
classes.

Regards.