Hi,
Well, preventing an orientation change is easy. But what about doing
it at run time.

Say, I have an activity which supports orientation change in normal
situations. It has say three Edit Texts.

There's also a button, which when clicked would do some processing in
a thread while showing a ProgressDialog which is not cancellable.

Ok, so till the user hits the Button, I want the activity to be able
to adapt the orientation changes. I have two layouts files for each
orientation with different layout schemes.

What I want is this. Once the user clicks on the button, and the
ProgressDialog is showing, I don't want the activity now to be re-
created again when the orientation changes. So, before showing the
ProgressDialog, is there any way to tell the Activity not to handle
Orientation change?

Also, once the process is complete, and the ProgressDialog is removed,
I want the Activity again to be able to handle orientation changes.

:) I know, we can save the state of all the things, and retrieve them
back. But, just curious if this can be done?

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Bibek