> It is, after all a free gift

So what? If only the developers in US got a free phone that would not bother
me.
I got a mail from Google saying they would give me a free phone in 2-4
weeks!
Great!!!! Then I dont have to purchase the phone Ive orginally planned, and
I can test my new app  on yet another device.
Well... After 7 weeks, no words and no phone, I had to buy the planned phone
anyway.

If they know its been problems with delivery of all phones outside US, so
send the developers a mail. They got all the e-mail-adresses.
Should be an easy task.

>Ove, i understand your pain, it took a while for paid apps to get
>here, and as an ex-South African, they don't even have paid app
>downloads over there, so its bad.

Well, its the same same for most European countries. No paid apps available
for download.
It wouldn't be a problem if Google said that it would support Merchang
Accounts and paid apps in 2011.
Then we will at least know, and can plan according to that. The situation
now is just silence for over 2 years.
That is not taking your developers or customers seriously.